Praise be to God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. (1Cor. 1:1-4)
The mission of the Women’s Ministry is to touch the lives of women, young ladies and girls through the transforming power of Jesus Christ, helping them to follow his example, and training them to minister to others.
The Women’s Ministry sponsors numerous events and activities throughout the year including:
- Women’s Prayer Breakfast – Saturday, May 20, 2017
- Annual Women’s Day Worship Services – Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Act of Kindness Day – 2017 date TBD
- Back to School Breakfast – Saturday, August 26, 2017
- Book Club – currently reading “Fervent” by Priscilla Shirer
- Food Pantry
- Community Outreach
All dates are subject to change.
The Women’s Ministry meets monthly and all women of First Progressive Church are members of this ministry. We encourage all of our women to attend these monthly meetings and support our ongoing efforts to grow strong in the Lord.
Sister Shirley Potter, President
Trustee Patricia Wright, Vice-President
Deaconess Sonya Jones, Secretary
Trustee Fran Page, Treasurer